Friday, May 15, 2020

Friday 6 - things I've noticed about myself in quarantine

1. I have not changed my opinion about masks. I have always thought they look stupid and now 2 months into quarantine I have not changed my mind. Unless the wearer is using it for fashion or privacy. Then it is ok.

2. We eat a lot of fast food or restaurant food because I don't like being stuck in my kitchen all the time.

3. We travel a lot for my own personal entertainment. When I get bored, going literally anywhere is enough to entertain me. I once heard it said that travel is for lazy people, and I completely understood the sentiment. Not that I really consider myself lazy, but still, I get it 100%.

4. As much as I dislike people, I really love going to very large social events. Movies, sporting events, fairs, concerts, theme parks. I have been to hundreds of large social events and they are among my happiest memories and the biggest drain on my bank account. I now regret not going to even more of them.

5. I have not changed my opinion about distance meetings. Skype, Zoom, etc. Most of the time they are not as efficient. Well, I know that many meetings in general are completely unnecessary. But getting a piano lesson or diagnosing an ear infection is just not the same over video.

6. I have confirmed that I'm a rebel when it comes to scheduling. Unless I'm going to a show of some kind I really resent having to be at a certain place at a certain time, even if it's a Zoom meeting and the place is my house. Deleting every single event from our calendar has been really calming, although boring at the same time. Adding events back (which at this time is only Zoom meetings) is the opposite of calming.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails