Friday, May 22, 2020

I liked it better when my car had sound

This is my 6-bullet Friday - upgrades needed or in progress.

But first, quarantine update. My county is approved to open tomorrow, but no one knows exactly what that means. The county sent out an email saying it does not really mean we are open. So, yeah. We're open, but not really. Or, we're not really open, but we are open? Maybe I'll have a better update next Friday.

Upgrades we've been working on:

1. Right before quarantine I had a stupid amount of work done on the 4x4, and I do mean stupid. And in the process the mechanic somehow broke my car stereo but at that point I hated the mechanic so much I refused to complain because then I would have been without my car even longer. And also I knew that the stereo was due for an upgrade anyway and this would just push me to do it. For a while I just used a Bluetooth speaker instead, and then for a long time we just didn't drive anywhere because of quarantine. But now I'm ready for an upgrade so Mike the audiophile is going to take care of it for me, soon-ish.

2. We painted 3/4 of Libby's bedroom furniture. It looks amazing! She chose a light turquoise color. Arendelle blue, if you will, but she wouldn't call it that. We're going to do the dresser in an ombre pattern, but we paint outdoors and it has been pouring rain for the last couple weeks and so that halted a lot of our projects.

3. Painted Mae's bed as well. A dark turquoise. She also has plans to stencil the rest of her furniture.

4. Upgraded my record player, which had been on my New Years Resolution list for 2 years. Finally did it and I am SO happy with the new setup!

5. Bought the house paint we need for the exterior. We are only doing one wall for now. We got a quote for 1.5 (small) walls last year and it was too expensive, so we'll be doing it ourselves.

6. Later upgrades in the planning stages: We have the paint to do our kitchen cupboards, which will be a big change, but probably won't happen until the exterior of the house is done. Also have to redo my herb garden because it actually drowned with all the rain we had lately. Then 2 of our decks really need an overhaul. And we've decided to invest in a wood chipper to help us deal with the unrelenting jungle that is our acre. We just have to decide if we're going to go with a lightweight electric model or the more powerful but more expensive gas model. We have to decide soon because the rate at which I chop things down is greater than the rate at which our weekly garbage service hauls it away.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails