Friday, May 08, 2020

Friday 5

Some things we did this week.

1. It's sunny but not yet too hot. I have been pulling ivy on our acre. Kelsey pulled a bunch last year behind the shed, but otherwise we have not really pulled ivy in the 7 years we've been here. So, it's trying to take over the house at this point. I also started putting salt and vinegar down on the walkways in order to keep weeds from taking over where there is supposed to be gravel. It's working!

2. I picked up paint to paint the kids' furniture. We plan to start painting on Monday. Libby says she has outgrown her pink bedroom and wants to change it to a blue theme. Libby and Mae chose shades of turquoise and lavender to paint their furniture. It will be an ordeal, especially Mae's bed, because the beds were built in their rooms and can not come apart or come out of the room. And Mae's bed is huge. We will start with Libby's bed, then Libby's furniture, which can be done on the porch. Mae's bed will probably be last. We also need to paint our house, so that will be in the near future.

3. Received the Shutterfly 2019 yearbook today, so that's one more thing crossed off the 20 for 2020 list!

4. Visited a new (to us) Little Free Library and we picked up book 1 of a new series we weren't familiar with. It's the Humphrey Hamster series. The kids really like it and so I ordered a few more books in the series from Goodwill. Libby wants to get a hamster as a pet after her room is finished.

5. Still selling my charm bracelets, about 5-7 every week. But 2 were reported delayed or missing this week which is troubling. One was related to COVID-19 closure, but not sure about the other one, still waiting to hear from the postmaster. This is a bummer because I already faced a huge cut into profits with Etsy's new mandatory advertising, and I don't want to chip away further by having to buy insurance every time. Well, I already did the math and it's still not worth it to buy the insurance, so I already know I'm not going to. But it's still a bummer.



2 comments:

Shannon Kristine Croft said...

Did #5 ever get resolved? I ordered a game from ebay around that time and it was delayed too but I eventually did get it. The strange thing was that the seller was local to me but I didn't know that when I bought the item, and the tracking on the game was not moving at all for about 10 days. The seller was looking into it but was saying the delay was due to covid-19. I wasn't sure, but I was happy to finally get the game!

Heather said...

Yes, both got resolved and I'm no longer having any issues with delayed mail. Thank goodness.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails