Saturday, November 30, 2019

Oct-Nov updates

Haven't done a 19 for 2019 update in a couple months. Our entire list for the year is almost done. One of the last big project on that list was getting my Mayflower shirts designed and up for sale. That got finished in October. I designed them to look like baseball shirts, with all the passengers as team players. One example is here. I was super excited when one sold immediately after publication. But that was a month ago and that's the only one I've sold, other than the ones I bought myself.

For my reading and classic movies...

In October, I don't remember if I read any new nonfiction. But I did read a novel, I guess it's a YA novel, The Green Ember.  For some reason I got to read it for free on my Kindle. I liked the cover.


And I didn't realize it was a series until I got to the very end. So then I understood why they dangled it in front of me for free. I would sort of like to read what happens next but not enough to buy one. I would get at my library.

My classic movie was I Married A Witch, which I watched as research for my new blog and website ChristmasMagic365.com.  I know I've said it before but that project has been an extraordinary effort. I feel like have been working on it for about 2 years now, although my project files say I started in October 2018. So that's only a little over one year. I am not sure. I know for sure I would estimate there is another year to go before the website is complete. When I started the project I don't think I realized how long it was going to take. I wrote the DIY Spa Retreat in 4 months, from idea to publication. I think it took me about 6 months to outline what I was going to write about on CM365. I did not know that fleshing out my outline was going to take so long. I don't mind it, but it is a lot of work for a hobby blog and I just kind of wish I knew in advance that it was going to take so long. I guess I only have one resolution for 2020.

In November my classic movie was the 1974 Murder on the Orient Express. I didn't recognize Albert Finney as the guy from Erin Brockovich. Although with the mustache and hair as Poirot, they hardly look alike. It was bugging me that he played Poirot with sort of a hunchback, without the hunch. But I liked it. The movie, not the hunchy weird acting. Really, Albert Finney, what did your chiropractor say about that? I like that story a lot, as I previously wrote about I read the book recently and also saw the recent Kenneth Branagh version. I almost blanked on his name. Kenneth Branagh. He'd hate that.

I can't quite remember anything I've read in November except I am currently a third of the way through The Santa Klaus Murder which is sort of like Murder on the Orient Express, sort of but not really. I mean what do I know, I'm only 1/3 through it. But there's a murder and it takes place around the same time and there's a big group of people who are all suspects and one detective trying to figure it out. Oh gosh I hope they weren't all in on it. They do all have motives, as the detective points out. Well, I got the audiobook version as well as the Kindle version so it reads it to me and I like the actors' voices. Which is not true of most audiobooks I have gotten to-date, which is, like, 5. Including the Eddie Izzard one, you would think him reading his own audiobook would be enjoyable but it was so boring I could not finish it. I'm going to call that a book review. The Eddie Izzard book is boring!

I will update this post if I remember any other books I read in November. I guess I fell off the nonfiction, probably as I have been researching CM365. Today I did a lot of research about the history of the Robert Bridges poem Noel: Christmas Eve, 1913 which was in fact published on Christmas Eve 1913 (I found the original publication) but only under the title Christmas Eve. I also learned way more about iambic something-or-other than one ever, ever needs to know. But if you are interested in the history you will have to wait 'til my post is published, and I scheduled it for Dec 24.

So that is all for now. I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails