Friday, January 24, 2020

Friday 5

Image by Renee Bigelow from Pixabay

I haven't done a Friday 5 in a long time so thought maybe I'll get back into that habit. Or maybe I won't. Time will tell. I'm adding this to my to do list right now to help me remember.

This past couple of weeks I did more than 5 acts of kindness, so this post is already misnamed because I'm going to mention all the big ones I can remember.

1-4: I donated to 4 random GoFundMe campaigns. This was driven by the fact that something happened that made me feel really bad. It took 3 donations until I kind of felt better. The 4th donation I did the next day only because I saw a request on TikTok and I was on a roll. For the first donation I chose someone who lives where I live, who needs help with a serious medical treatment. I like this donation because he posts a lot of updates. The 2nd and 3rd donation I gave to people who wanted to do a DNA test to determine their ancestry, and I like it when people are interested in their own history. Neither one of those people responded or posted an update, but that is ok. On the TikTok donation it is kind of sad because as far as I can tell the GoFundMe campaign did not take off even though I know it got views on TikTok. It is for another family with a surprise cancer diagnosis and the last time I checked only 3 people donated, including me, and I was the last one.

5: I pre-ordered an author's book that I really didn't need, because I knew the pre-order would help her prove herself to her publisher, and I like her free content and wanted to support her.

6: Mike got rid of some clothes including old Carhartt scrubs, and I sent them all to some guy in NC that apparently is Mike's size. The guy paid me a little but I threw in a bunch more (all the scrubs we had) for free and he was really happy.

7: I signed up for a class I didn't really need, same reason as number 5. Because I like the instructor's free content and I wanted to pay her back.

8: I signed up to support YouTuber StacyPlays on Patreon because Libby asked me to and because Stacy's channel was demonetized this month. Stacy is very smart and has other sources of income already, but I wanted to support her free content anyway.

9: I mailed a gift to my brother, just because.

10: I mentored a stranger who reached out to me after reading the spa book, at no charge.

That's it for this week, see you next Friday, I hope

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails