Tuesday, January 08, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

I'm always interested to know other people's new year's resolutions. So far I only made one this year: to stop committing to do anything first thing in the morning. I'm not a morning person. Never have been, and have known this since I was a child and had to get up for school. Getting myself out of bed to go to high school was a major struggle. As I thought about it, the resolution sort of evolved into: stop committing to doing anything I don't want to do at all, period, regardless of the time of day. I'm still thinking about that one. There are certain things that you kind of have to do even if you don't want to. I'm talking about things like going to see the doctor. Sometimes you have to do that. Ok, you don't have to if you really don't want to. But then it's possible that you are still doing something you don't want to do (be sick) or you are just shortening your life span. In which case you could say that in your very short life you successfully did nothing that you didn't want to do.

I suppose you could say that I have other resolutions which are the same ones year after year. I guess I am pretty good at keeping them and simply resolve to continue to keep them. Do those count? Things like: get (stay) organized, know myself, take my vitamins, travel.

Last year I made a list of about 15 things that I wanted to do once a week. Have I mentioned this before? I think so. And it turns out that my focus can only handle about 3 things at a time. It took me several months to figure that out. Anyway, one of those things was school. So my new goal is to find something to replace school. I have lots of ideas. And I will actually do them all. But one at a time, rather than working a little bit on 15 things at a time. I just need to figure out a Plan for doing them all. I guess that is it, my new year's resolution, on top of not getting up early for any reason. Because I don't usually do things I don't want to do anyway.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails