Saturday, September 02, 2006

This is a residence

Several months ago, I placed an online order for some steaks. In the billing address form, there was a space for "business name". Since my billing address is my home, I left it blank. But I was unable to submit the form without filling in the business name. In frustration, I typed in "This is a residence" in the blank.

Since then it seems that the steak company sold my name and address. I keep getting sample corporate gifts that are imprinted with the business name "This is a residence". You know, pens, calendars, things like that. I guess the senders aren't reading the text, or maybe they think I really operate some kind of business under that name. I wonder what kind of products or services they think This Is A Residence provides.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails