Friday, November 11, 2016

It's a Cold and It's a Broken Hallelujah


  • Remembering Leonard Cohen this week. I heard that he wrote 80 verses to Hallelujah. I always liked the version they used in Scrubs.




  • So, the election. I wrote something here and then I erased it. But I will say that my feelings are a lot like the Leonard Cohen lyric. Oh, are you wondering who I voted for? Oregon allows for write-in candidates and I voted for myself for President of the USA. 

  • In sort of related news, we still have to buy Obamacare insurance and we still can't afford it. We met with a state-provided insurance agent yesterday, and he seemed really happy to save us $50 a month and I'm not kidding. I cling to the hope that president-elect Trump can do something to help me, yes me personally and now I am going to shut up before I say something I regret.
  • Both the kids had head lice. Gross! But I dealt with it. And now we all have head colds. Still gross! They have missed a lot of their classes and it bothers me.
  • Wrapping up with some good news. The first draft of my new book is in my hands and it's really lovely, just in time for Veteran's Day. It's 158 pages and I needed a hard copy to edit and make sure my photos turned out ok. It still needs a lot of editing before it goes out to libraries etc but I'm very proud of it so far.
    fi

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails