Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving! 2011

I am hoping to finish and publish my Thanksgiving blog before everyone wakes up.  Gotta type fast to make that happen!

First and foremost I am thankful for my health, because as everyone probably knows, without your health you have nothing.  Also, considering that we have been dealing with illness in this family for almost an entire year now, I need my health to sustain the family.  I also need to stay healthy because we have crappy health insurance at the moment (soon to change, and I'm thankful for that as well).
I am thankful for my husband.  Our 2nd wedding anniversary is coming up.  Hearing Christmas music on the radio makes me think of our wedding, and I can't help but smile.  I love the way DH is so easygoing with any of my ideas, like when I told him that "everyone who's anyone does New Year cards now" and he just went along with it.  DH is also really funny and says things that gets us both going on these laugh attacks until we have tears running down our faces from laughing so hard.
I am thankful for Libby and Mae, our rays of sunshine in rainy Oregon.
I am thankful for my family and friends, who make me feel like what I have to say is important.
I am thankful for my job, in a time when jobs are so hard to come by.

Now that we've covered the obvious items, let's be thankful for little things.  Like aromatherapy and sleeping babies.  And of course I'm thankful for all kinds of material things.  The house we live in.  Our cars.  Steve Jobs, who gave us a bunch of material things we didn't even know we wanted but now can't live without.  The Internet. Amazon.com.  (Side story: the mom that I'm working with for Christmas told me she had never used Amazon before.  My response, after picking myself up off the floor: It's like you're a cave person!!)  Disneyland.  Coffee.  My Keurig coffee maker.

As predicted, everyone is awake now.  Here we go to attack turkey.  Everyone have a great day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails