Friday, July 23, 2010

Grass is high


Now that summer is here, the wild grass and dandelions around my house have become waist high, and I'm afraid they would consume my house if I don't do something about them.  I'd somewhat noticed the situation before July, but it was cold outside and I didn't want to go weeding when it's cold out.  I rather regret that now, because now there is an impossible amount to do at once. 

For a while I felt paralyzed by this knowledge, until I remembered the Flylady philosphy that you can do anything for 15 minutes.  So, armed with a few new garden tools, I've been attacking the weeds around the walkway 15 minutes at a time.  At this rate, it will take me the rest of the summer to finish.

I've never seen dandelion plants as big as these.  They are nearly as tall as I am with bases as big as my head.  I can not dig them up with a mere garden trowel.  I have to use the full size spade.  That song from the movie Office Space goes through my head as I attack these Weedzillas.  I jump onto the spade with both feet singing "Die @#$%! die, die @#$%! die!" in my head.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails