Saturday, March 06, 2010

Coconut Pound Cake


This cake is easy to make and is good for summer or a lunch dessert, in my opinion, because the flavor is mild. My husband loves pound cake and thinks this is delicious!
You will need a tube (Bundt or angel food type) pan for this. You will also need to plan ahead since the recipe requires softened butter. I got out the eggs at the same time, to bring them to room temperature.
Ingredients:
2 sticks butter, softened (I used unsalted)
2/3 cup shortening (I used Crisco, not butter flavor)
3 cups white sugar
5 eggs
3 cups flour (I used unbleached all-purpose)
1 cup milk (I used 2%)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1.5 tsp vanilla
1 cup coconut (I used shredded, not flaked)


Procedure:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a tube pan. Cream the butter, shortening, and sugar together. Add the eggs and blend well. Add all the remaining ingredients except the coconut; blend. Fold the coconut in last. Pour the batter into the pan and bake approximately 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
DH likes to eat this with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails