Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Lindsey Buckingham in Portland

A couple days ago I was browsing through some Portland newspaper thing that PH picked up, and I saw that Lindsey Buckingham was coming to play here. Since I am such a huge fan of guitar music that is not the acoustic kind, I was very excited and bought tickets right away. He was playing at a theater in the Portland Performing Arts Center. We drove around Portland for an hour trying to find the place. I'm glad we finally did.

It's been many years since I heard Lindsey Buckingham on Mark and Brian. He played "Big Love" by himself, and that's when I knew that I would probably pay money just to hear him tune up his guitar. That's how good he is. So I had high expectations for tonight's show, and he did not disappoint. He has a new album coming out next week, so he played several new songs, but a lot of Fleetwood Mac as well. I was kind of surprised by that. The audience loved him so much. Everyone was having such a good time, it made me even happier.

As I have mentioned in the past, I kind of hate acoustic guitar performances. This was the opposite of that. It was very plugged, very loud, very awesome. He just needs to stop talking. The talking was quite boring and only drew more attention to some of the weaker lyrics that on par with rhyming "moon" and "June". But you don't go see Lindsey Buckingham for the lyrics. When he starts talking, just yell "play the guitar!" and then he will impress you.

1 comment:

Ada Beth Croft said...

Thank you! <3 People actually stop to pet my head sometimes (that I know) Ha. Because it is like a fluffy bunny. Only sometimes though. I like your MP3 at the side of your blog! Bye!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails