Monday, March 26, 2007

New Ralphs in town



Ralphs just opened a new grocery store near my house. It is very big and very nice inside. It’s not freezing, so I don’t have to bundle up to go to the store. At their grand opening, they gave me a very fancy white chocolate dessert to take home. We also picked up this really cool dyed flower, and some red bananas, and the cutest baby pineapple. Near all of the exotic fruits, there were signs that explained what they were and how you could use them. The red bananas were advertised as having pink flesh inside, which I thought was cool, and the baby pineapples were described as being “fun to eat” which I thought was hilarious and irresistible at the same time.
I photographed the pineapple next to a regular-sized lime so you can see. The red bananas are also smaller than regular bananas. I was disappointed when I peeled a red banana and found a regular banana inside. It was yellow. Not the slightest bit pink! Now I am suspicious about the baby pineapple and whether it is, in fact, “fun” to eat!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails