Friday, May 05, 2006

Cinco de Mayo

In honor of Cinco de Mayo, I considered writing this entire entry in Spanish. But that would have taken an embarrassingly long time, and I'd probably have to use the Google translation feature for half of it anyway, and then it would come across as an obvious translation and I'd have no idea.

I love obvious translations, btw. I get such a kick out of visiting Chinatown and seeing a baby bib that says "Cutie Lovely Person!", or a clock that has the word "Honorable" engraved on it.

I'm sure most people have seen this already, but for fun with translations, go to Google, click Language Tools, and then translate this sentence from English to Spanish: Britney's mom is very nice. Then take the results, and translate them from Spanish to English. I'm sure this is what my Spanish sounds like, which is why I don't try to speak it very often.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails