Monday, April 03, 2006

Soccer game


On Saturday, Mike and I went to a soccer game. We saw the LA Galaxy. Neither one of us had ever been to a soccer game before, so we didn't know what to expect. I knew nothing about the soccer game, soccer players, or soccer fans. I thought that we would be the only white people there, and that there would be no white people on the team. I was very wrong in both assumptions. Another interesting thing I learned is that soccer players are pansies. I had no idea. Seeing as how it's played worldwide, I thought there would be a kind of peaceful bond on the field. At first, it seemed that I was right. When the game started, some of the opposing players hugged each other. I thought that was nice, and expected to see some sportsmanlike competition. What ended up happening was like the Mighty Ducks. The movie, not the actual hockey team. The players started faking injuries and getting indignant. After about 5 minutes of that, I started to get annoyed and yell at the players. LA was doing it more than their opponents, New England. But both teams were doing it and it was really irritating.

More fun were the fans. The Galaxy colors are green and yellow. Here is a photo of a small fan. I don't know what the dino-theme is all about, but it's so cute!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails