Friday, March 27, 2020

Friday 6 - Day 15 of social distancing



1. I always feel like I'm either underreacting over overreacting. The media can't be trusted and it's hard to find out what is true and what is misinformation. The Oregonian reports daily figures of new cases of the virus but we must also understand that those are based on test results and whether or not the county even reported their results that day. If a county didn't report then the media says that county had zero new cases that day. The Oregonian also shamed Oregonians for "flocking to the coast" and then they posted a photo of 3 people at the beach, who were standing far apart from each other. This led me to come up with the phrase - 'rona shaming.

2. Last weekend Mike and I both separately spoke with our neighbor who keeps sending their kids over to our house, and advised them to stop that. Because the kids live part time in 3 different homes and therefore come into contact with a wider number of people than we do.

3. I had a rebellious day and I went to the store for non-essential items like Easter candy. Most people were really nice but one person made a dramatic show of staying 6 feet away from me. That same day I witnessed 2 acts of misogyny and I was super-annoyed. Perhaps that is not the right word. The dictionary says it means "hatred" and I didn't witness acts of hatred but I did witness 2 acts treating women as inferior. The first one I was just shaking my head and after the 2nd one I felt like I was banging my own head against the wall. Both were related to dealing with COVID-19.

4. We have been playing Just Dance every day and it's really fun!

5. Mae commented that she feels like I am able to spend more time with them now that all their extra-curricular activities were cancelled. We had classes 4 days a week, before. Those extra hours in our day really do add up. When I knew we'd be staying at home more, I ordered a bunch of loop yarn to be delivered. Mae and I are finger knitting a blanket out of it.

6. It is even harder than last week to get groceries. Also I never thought I would say this, but Amazon really let me down by changing their 2-day delivery to 1-month delivery. I mean you know I love Amazon so much that I was prepared to vote for Jeff Bezos for president with Alexa as his running mate. But now Walmart.com is my new favorite. I did not need stuff in 2 days, but 1 month is ridiculous.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails