Saturday, October 09, 2010

Birthday Observed

Yesterday we celebrated my birthday, which was actually a couple weeks ago.  Birthday-Observed, DH called it.  We had to postpone my birthday that long because our schedules are that far off from each other's. 

DH drove me (and Libby) to a nearby town and dropped me off for a pedicure.  Then he and Libby ran some errands while I did that and did some clothes-shopping.  When he picked me up, he took me to a French restaurant that was so lovely and elegant, I felt like I wasn't in Oregon anymore.  We had fondue.  He gave me a pair of emerald earrings.

Libby was so good the whole time.  She didn't make a sound during dinner, except for laughter, and who is bothered by a baby laughing?  The owners commented that she was "picture perfect".  We made reservations to come back on Thanksgiving.  I've only ever eaten at a restaurant on Thanksgiving once before, and I did enjoy it.  This time it will be interesting to have Thanksgiving salmon instead of Thanksgiving turkey, but I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails