Sunday, July 05, 2009

This here's the wildest ride in the wilderness

I managed to transfer my photos to a place I can get to them while my computer is dead. I am just frustrated now that I can't get my itunes to sync with my iPhone before I get on the airplane, but I hope to resolve that soon.

So on July 3 we went to the town of Hood River to go camping with PH's motorcycle gang in a cherry tree orchard. We got to eat cherries right from the tree, which we did until our mouths turned dark red.
One of the riders has a sidecar and he was letting us take turns riding. I did not know why everyone always screamed. It did not seem like it would be so fun that you would scream and holler. I found out it is because the sidecar naturally has a tendency to do a wheelie.


The rider who was hosting the party lives in a log cabin that is over 100 years old.
His house is on a hill, so his yard makes for sort of an amphitheater. He built a stage and hired 2 excellent bands to play that night. There is a beautiful view of Mt Hood in the back.

He also has 2 wolves as pets.
I really wanted the wolf to look at the camera instead of the food, but I thought better of taking his food away.

1 comment:

Ada Beth Croft said...

That looks very fun, I always thought of "motorcycle gangs" as the rough n' tough dine and dashers in the movies. It makes me laugh that Mike is one of those dudes. (: Very macho. I now know due to your post they are much more friendly and make for a good time. In fact, you look like you are having a great time in the side car of that motorcycle! Also I didn't know wolves could be so friendly.

-ada(:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails