Monday, October 16, 2006

Shower

We've lived in our new place for 2 weeks now, and we're on our 4th shower head.

1. The place came with a hotel-style shower head that didn't work at all.

2. Mike wants a fancy shower head. But since we can't get our schedules to match up so we can both go to Home Depot at the same time, and since I have no idea what he wants and I don't want to spend $50 on the wrong thing, I picked up a $1.99 shower head at Target for the interim. I've had the $1.99 version before and it worked great. I brought it home and Mike took it apart and removed the low-flow device. The shower then tried to kill me. The water came out like needles flying at me at a thousand miles per hour. I took the shower head apart and tried to re-install the low-flow thing, but it didn't work. No matter what I did, I could not shower without shielding tender parts (like my face), and when I turned my back on the spray, my tattoos tried to escape from my already-sensitive skin and I emerged from the shower with 3-dimensional artwork.

3. I got another $1.99 shower head and installed it without breaking it. It worked for a day or so, but then out of the blue decided to turn into a killing device, just like its cousin.

4. We still haven't had the opportunity to shop together. But I couldn't bear to wait, so I upgraded to the $14.99 shower head. Ah, bliss. Unfortunately, I did not throw away shower head (2) or (3), and since Mike actually liked facing death every morning, he took one and hid it before I could give it a proper burial.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails