Friday, July 28, 2006

No cake for you

Yeah, they definitely hate me down here on the 2nd floor. Last month I got invited to their monthly birthday cake thing. Not this month, they just came and got Paul (who sits across from me), and then looked at me and walked away. I hear them singing.

Motorcrash update: I witnessed an accident today. I have to be very careful since I seem to be manifesting accidents closer and closer to myself.

One of the problems with living on top of a hill is that I drive a stick shift and I don't know how to pop the clutch or whatever you call it that gets you going forward when you've been stopped on a steep hill. And, the street is sort of narrow, so if someone happens to be coming toward you or tries to make a U-turn in the street, which happens all the time, then you might have to stop and wait. I always have to wait until the street is very clear, then tear up the hill as fast as my car can go before someone comes around the corner and gets in my way. So, it has been especially nerve-wracking that street repair has been going on for the past week, and more than half of the street is blocked. While the crew is there, they leave an aisle that is exactly the width of my car for 2-way traffic to use. Luckily they are always gone by the time I come home. But in the morning, I go very slow and creep past and hope that I don't get stuck or god forbid they ask me to back up. Today one of them tipped his hat to me. His hard hat. But for a moment, I had one of those TV experiences where it seemed I could actually see him in a top hat and tails. I suppose I might miss them when they're gone.

1 comment:

Shannon Kristine Croft said...

How rude! Why do they hate you? Maybe they just don't know you?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails