Tuesday, July 25, 2006

1000 Island

I don't eat a lot of salad, but I can't get enough of salads from Mimi's Cafe, with thousand island. There is something about their thousand island that is the best dressing in the whole world. I'm trying to figure out where it comes from. People told me it is home made. So I asked the server and she said it's definitely not home made. I said, what is it then? But she didn't know. She gave me some to take home. But it wasn't enough.

Today's motorcrash is not quite a crash. It's just some things that fell off of a big truck. But as usual, it happened just a minute before I got there. The truck driver got out onto the freeway and was picking the things up. Big long metal things, like car bumpers or ladders, but they weren't car bumpers or ladders. This time it was in my lane. So I must discount the theory that these things are happening to slow me down in some way. I think it was nice of the truck driver to get out and pick them up. I don't know what else I expected him to do. It would have been awfully rude to drive away. But those traffic reporters always tell you to NEVER get out of your car on the freeway. So I think it was nice of him, if not somewhat unsafe, to get out instead of just sitting there in his truck.

I'm hungry again. I think we have salad stuff but it's old, if I remember correctly from yesterday. I will have to find something else to eat with my Mimi's salad dressing. Maybe I will just eat it with a spoon. Grocery shopping is never an option. See 6/15/06.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

post script, added 8/4/06
I emailed Mimi's and they told me the dressing is home made in their prep kitchen. The only way to get some is to buy a side order in the restaurant.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails