Saturday, January 02, 2021

Happy New Year 2021

 


I just realized I never posted about our trip to Steens Mountain in September. I'll have to get to that later.

We had a 20 for 2020 New Years Resolution list, but about a month or so ago I tore it off the wall and threw it away. We are not doing a list for 2021. We did about half the things on the 20 for 2020 list, I'd guess, but we changed a lot this year and priorities changed too.

My word of the year for 2021 started out as "Less". Which is something I have been working on for several years. But then I realized I also want "More". Less of the things I don't enjoy and more of the things I do enjoy. So I have both words now. I think I will do the necklace again because that really really helped when our theme was "Fun". 

I finished watching The Mandalorian. Unfortunately I saw a spoiler before I saw the end so I knew you-know-who was going to be there at the end. Of course it made me really happy but I did not cry like everyone else did, maybe cuz spoiler. The scene that actually meant more to me than you-know-who was the scene with the 4 women defending the Mandalorian.

Still working through Cobra Kai. Mae started watching The Masked Singer starting from season 1 from a few years ago. It's cute because of course she doesn't know who any of the celebrities are, but she likes to watch it anyway. 

I guess I joined a Star Wars canon book club as something to do in 2021. It has a very ambitious reading schedule so I don't know if I can keep up, but so far so good. So I'm currently reading Dooku: Jedi Lost. I guess I'd give it 3 out of 5 stars so far. The story is good, the dialogue is juvenile, the format (screenplay) is atrocious. I'm also currently reading The Paper Magician because it's free on Kindle Unlimited. Currently 2.5 out of 5 stars. Hoping it improves but the plot is getting too weird for even a fantasy book.

Other 2021 goals include more camping around Oregon and Washington, finishing a couple of income-generating projects I started previously, and some boring legal/financial tasks for our business. Around the house, I'm going to paint our kitchen cabinets. This is a big job that will probably be the one that takes all summer. I also want to rip out our 3rd deck and pour concrete, but may need to hire a contractor for that. I'm not sure yet. I'll continue to maintain the acre as I cleared it this summer. The before-and-after is astonishing and now we know what we have to do to keep it up. I will also work on clearing a new path down into the ravine. Maybe. There is a known cougar in the ravine at this time that is caught daily on a neighbor's game cam. I guess I could clear a little path and put up my own game cam. That would be fun. I did surprise an owl on my property a few months ago, I got really close to it and that was pretty cool.

In 2020 learned that if you don't move your car frequently, like, because of quarantine so why would you, then a mouse moves in. Yeah, that happened. It doesn't help when Libby spills a box of Cheez-Its in the car and leaves it there. Well technically that is my fault, I guess I'm the one that left it there too long. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails