Friday, January 22, 2021

Friday coffee post - the one with the muscovy

 Not much coffee left so let's see how far this week's diary gets. The week felt long, in that both Mike and I agreed that yesterday felt like Friday but here we are with another workday. 

I finished scheduling all but one of our 2021 weekend getaways. We have a LOT booked this year, all new places, and they all look like so much fun I can't wait. There is just one month that is missing a trip, but since it's more than 6 months away I am limited in campgrounds that take reservations. 

I have already fallen behind schedule in my Star Wars book club. I think I was supposed to finish Master & Apprentice at least 2 days ago, but I'm only about halfway through. It was a bit of a slow start but now I'm enjoying the story. Still, when one only reads about 21 minutes per day (#Read21in21) then one can not commit to the Star Wars Canon book club schedule.

I downloaded the Toss decluttering app and have been using it all week. It gives one task per day, random, and so makes decluttering more like a game.

Homeschooling difficult this week due to my work schedule. Mae chose the "Inside Government" Girl Scout badge which I thought was rather ambitious, but also a good idea. I got through 2 of the 5 steps this week, not counting discussion of the inauguration.

We did manage to get out to the park once this week and Libby and I found a new walking trail along the river. 


We also saw a muscovy duck which Mae referred to as a "turkey". Wikipedia says the muscovy is an invasive species in the US and we're supposed to get rid of them. The muscovies have lived at this park for a long time, as many years as I have been going there. There's usually only one or two and I've never seen them aggressive. Their large size keeps most people distant, although this week we did see a family of 4 posing for photos with the muscovy, which was ignoring them completely.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails