Saturday, September 26, 2020

Deck re-do updates

 Here are some photos from when I refinished the front deck. I pressure washed it, then sanded it, then put down wood filler, then wood preservative, then 2 coats of primer, then 2 coats of deck paint. 

In these photos you can kind of see the before and after. The last photo is with wet paint and I tried to barricade the porch. Somehow Amazon managed to bypass my barricade and my WET PAINT signs and they still walked on the porch. I was very annoyed with them. But happy that the paint dried so fast. 



The deck on the other side of the house...didn't get finished in time. I got as far as pressure washing and sanding. It's in worse shape so then I tried to do wood filler but my wood filler experiment turned out disastrous. Then I found one board that is actually rotten, not just cracked, so Mike said he would replace it but he did not. And then fires happened and we were not supposed to go outside due to the poor air quality. And then it started raining and it has rained ever since. The weather report shows sun all this week so I'm hoping I can finish it now. Tomorrow is my birthday. Maybe I can get Mike to replace that board.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails