Friday, June 19, 2020

Friday 5 - 5 things that made me happy this week




1. We went camping last weekend and although it was not ideal it was also fun. And we were grateful to get out to a park that was actually open, thank you State of Washington! (You can figure out which state parks are NOT open and are cancelling reservations.) It was too cold and too loud (didn't know it was next to a highway). But Mae's favorite thing about camping is the hammock, and that was really fun.



2. I watched the new Ben Platt at Radio City Music Hall concert on Netflix and found that I don't really care for his music at all, but when he sang "Share Your Address" and the whole Radio City Music Hall just lost their minds I couldn't help but feel happy. I don't even like that song. But that performance is a case-in-point example of live music being a million times better than recorded music. If you heard "Share Your Address" on the radio (and you were me) you'd probably not give it another thought. But the live performance is like, THIS IS THE GREATEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN. The audience reaction was so uplifting that I actually watched it twice!



3. I bought this 1978 record set on eBay and I love it! It has music from the movies (including documentaries), theme parks, and cartoon shorts, all things that would have been interesting in 1978. It's on 4 records.



4. To keep myself amused I have been attaching 1923 passport photos to people in the familysearch.org family tree. Back in 1923, apparently you could get a passport in only a few days, and apparently you could get one so easily that you could book your ship in advance and not even worry about whether the passport would get to you on time.

Sometimes I find passport photos like this:


5. The sun FINALLY came out and I am able to work outside again. There is so much to do that it is almost depressing but it feels good that I can get started.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails