Friday, April 03, 2020

Friday 5 - things I have accomplished

Day 22 of social distancing. Here are 5 things I have been doing.



1. Binge-watching the '80s TV series Head of the Class on the Roku channel.

2. I knit a large blanket and have started on a second one.

3. Exercised every day to Just Dance 2020. My favorites so far are Never Gonna Give You Up and Proud Mary and I Get Around. I also think Under the Sea is cool because it is seated and so it is an accessible dance for more people.

4. I learned 11 measures (so far) of a new song on the piano. Our music teacher says it is a "pretty advanced" song. It was on my 20 for 2020 list to learn the song. So it is ok if I take it slow, I just have to finish it by the end of the year. I try to learn a new line every day but if the new material is particularly hard then I take it slower. One of the measures took me 2 days to get because I have to play 4 notes with one hand (at the same time) and my hand is not that big. I really don't like chords like B-flat-7.

5. Tried a new chocolate cookie spritz recipe. I liked it, but the kids didn't. Also I threw my cookie press away after that because it was this awful bargain cookie press that I got for $5 and it didn't have enough power. So now I need a new one before I can try more recipes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails