Thursday, May 02, 2019

April novel and classic movie

My April novel was The Woman on the Orient Express.




I believe I got that one for free on Kindle, and I chose it because the woman is a fictionalized version of Agatha Christie, so I thought it sounded interesting. I've read a little bit of Agatha Christie, including 2 different novels that took place on the Orient Express, so I was definitely intrigued by this one. I liked it, would recommend.

My April classic movie was Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.



I wanted to choose a Marilyn Monroe film. I didn't think she was so great in this one, she was only ok, but Jane Russell really stole it. Mike and I are thinking next we'll do a later Marilyn Monroe film to compare. We both seemed to remember that we thought she was funnier in Some Like It Hot. I am guessing the acting lessons really did improve her skills after Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails