Saturday, February 02, 2019

January novels and classic movie

As part of 19 for 2019, I'm reading at least one novel per month and watching at least one classic movie per month.

For January, the movie was The Million Pound Note. 





It is currently available to stream with Amazon Prime. It is based on a Mark Twain story and stars Gregory Peck. I knew nothing about it. Mike watched it with me and he said he recognized the story from an Eddie Murphy movie. I had to look that up on the Internet and came up with the Eddie Murphy movie Trading Places. I haven't seen that one either. We liked The Million Pound Note although the love story is outdated.

I read 2 short stories for my January fiction.

The first was The Christmas Pearl by Dorothea Benton Frank. It is a fantasy/ghost story and it has great traditional Christmas imagery.






I also read The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding by Agatha Christie. It also has nice imagery and a happy ending. It's included in The Big Book of Christmas Mysteries which was released in 2013 as a book of vintage/pulp stories.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails