Friday, September 16, 2016

Five Bullet Friday


  • Saving up for a new sofa, and the junk hauler that will need to haul away the old sofa set. Also our old bed. We bought a new bed this month but it is being built and will be delivered later. The mattress was purchased a year ago and has been sitting ever since.
  • Podcast I liked: Limetown. It's sort of like an old-time radio drama. "Ten years ago, over 300 men, women, and children disappeared from a small town in Tennessee, never to be heard from again." It was scary, though, and sad. And they recorded it last year and then left it with a cliffhanger and promised a season 2, and it hasn't been delivered yet...
  • Something frustrating: sublingual allergy drops. I'm doing them. But I really don't like my doctor's office and I'm tired of doctors and insurance companies either refusing to speak to me, or when they do, they don't speak English, and I'm not sure if I'm wasting my time or money. My instinct tells me to find a new doctor and start all over again, but I am suffering from sunk cost fallacy at this point.
  • Purchase we're enjoying: our new keyboard. It has weighted keys, so it's like a real piano, but you can plug in headphones. The kids are taking piano lessons at a music school, and I'm re-learning how to fake it. Libby is doing really well and she plays the piano all day long, practicing every day. It's bringing all of us a lot of joy.

  • One of my favorite perfumes: Pacifica Blood Orange. I wear the rollerball version. The brand is here in Oregon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails