Thursday, April 21, 2016

I was dreaming when I wrote this

Oh, I miss him so much already.


So many memories tied to his songs. So.many.memories. I can vividly play back very specific memories tied to: Purple Rain, 1999, Thieves in the Temple, Sign O' The Times, Kiss, Diamonds and Pearls, Raspberry Beret, Nothing Compares 2 U.

I don't have very much music loaded to my phone right now, but of the little that is there I had 8 Prince songs without even trying. At dinner tonight, no one was really talking, and I just wordlessly got out my phone and hit play. When Doves Cry played first, which was so proper considering that years ago I went on the record to say that When Doves Cry is the best song of all time. Not that it's my favorite, but it's without a doubt, the best song of all time.

Alphabet St. was next, and I started smiling and dancing in my chair a little bit. Mike used the power of Bluetooth to make my phone play over some great speakers. He turned it up loud, and then we all got up and had a dance party in the kitchen, playing nothing but Prince for an hour and a half, and dancing and laughing.

1 comment:

Jerry Certonio said...

Agree, agree....AGREE! All night Prince music party here as well (always for Let's Go Crazy). City Hall in LA is all purple too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails