Monday, April 08, 2013

Best Pancakes

As life (sort of) returns to normal around here, we're back to cooking.  A lot.  We cook a lot of tried-and-true recipes, but we also try 2-3 new recipes per week, at least.  This means a lot of reading of cookbooks and cooking magazines and cooking websites.

We also have a Magic Bullet, which recently inspired me to make pancakes in it.  Prior to this, I have always used The Joy of Cooking or the back of the Bisquick box for my pancake recipe.

The recipe shown below is allegedly from Good Housekeeping, although I haven't checked it out myself.  All I know is that these are so much better than Bisquick or Joy.  These are thinner and fluffier than Bisquick or Joy, which always turned out too dense for me.

1 cup flour
2 tbsp sugar
2.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1.25 cups 2% milk
3 tbsp butter, melted
1 egg
******
and then just to be one of those annoying people who has to alter every recipe, I add:
1 tsp vanilla
scoop of egg-based protein powder

Mixa mixa poura poura and you have the best pancakes.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails