Saturday, December 29, 2012

Our house

I hesitated to post this info until it was official.  It's still unofficial, but I spoke with our bank yesterday and they said they are almost done with the process, so I am daring to start to believe:

WE BOUGHT A HOUSE.

WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!!!

We found it in November, and made an offer which was accepted.  So, I have known for about a month now, but didn't really want to get my hopes up.  I am not sure that all of the terms will really be accepted, but the main parts seem to be complete now, so I think it's really happening.

I call it The Treehouse.  It's in a residential area near what seems to be old town Oregon City.  I have always liked Oregon City and I'm so happy to be moving there.  I am also thrilled that the treehouse manages to be in the city, but is still on one acre.  One waterfront acre.  With a waterfall and bridge.  That I will own.  The acre is steep, so the house is on stilts, which is what gives it a treehouse effect when you are inside looking out the many windows.  It's 2 floors, with decks on both levels.  The decks are well built, not rickety aging things.  The house is immaculate.  4 bedrooms, including an entire master suite.  We have been house hunting for years and I never imagined that we'd be able to obtain an immaculate home for our first house.  But somehow it happened, and I have to keep pinching myself.

I am thrilled beyond words to be moving to a house of our own.  I also spent a little bit of time mad at the universe for taking so long to make this happen, for all the moves past that have cost us so much money I don't even dare start to add it up in my mind.  However, I didn't spend TOO much time shaking my fist at the sky, since I realize that there just isn't a way we could have known we wanted to live in Oregon City or been able to afford the beautiful treehouse and acre of forest before today.

Here is the agent's photo of the house as you would see it from the driveway or street.  It's bigger than it looks.  Basically this is just the top floor.  What you can't really see is there is another floor beneath.  The lower deck is much larger.


You can see some grass, which is a tiny front lawn at the street level.  I love that the street level is, well, level.  The street and driveway are flat, an answer to my desires to never live on a hill again (meaning, I hate driving and parking on a hill).

Here is the aerial view.  For real.


We will own all of this, plus the creek at the bottom.

All of the view homes we ever looked at, basically had a view of someone else's property.  Whether it was someone else's farm, or a nursery, or BLM land, or community green space, it was always someone else's.  I believe this is the ONLY house we ever saw where the view actually was subject to our ownership.  I'm astounded by the possibilities.  We're thinking of installing a zipline.

2 comments:

Vonnie said...

Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you! :)

Kellie said...

It looks nice. Now you can become a master gardener and learn about maples and dogwoods.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails