Saturday, October 29, 2011

It was a good week, a typical week.  Work, play, fun.
Libby was invited to a Halloween party on Thursday.  I got the text message Wednesday night..."please have Libby wear her costume", which I thought was kind of presumptuous for anyone to assume she had a costume, she is only 1 and does not know what Halloween is, after all.  But she does, in fact, have a costume.  Which she refused to wear on Thursday.  Luckily I also had a pair of black pants and pretty black Tshirt with a rhinestone jack-o-lantern on it.  She wore that with her witch hat from last year, just to show her Halloween spirit.
DH made a chicken vegetable soup and canned up 14 quarts of it.
I was happy to find out that plums are still available, after my sister requested plum jam for the holidays and I have not made any (yet) this year and I'm sure I don't have any left from last year.

For like the first time ever, DH and I made a monthly cash budget and stuck to it.  For like the first time EVER!  That I know of.  See, we do budget, but we don't watch it like a hawk and account for every single penny spent, and we did that this month.  I'm proud of us for doing that. 

We're having houseguests next weekend.  Looking forward to being the hostess.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails