Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Did some good paying work today.

Cleared out a drawer for Mae and got out the newborn clothes.  But, can't find the small cloth diapers.  I don't understand it.  I only packed up 2 baby boxes to go in storage, and we got both of them out, and the cloth diapers aren't in either one.  So, there must be a 3rd box that I've forgotten about.  This has been such a frustrating move!  I guess this is what happens when you pack an entire family in 3 days and then don't have time to unpack!  We have lost so many things.  It is funny how much previously "lost" stuff we find while we are looking for the currently lost stuff.  I just really hope those diapers turn up in the next few weeks.  I'm just trying to focus on one box at a time.  My niece is coming to help out and maybe she can help do some unpacking as well.  Easier for her to bend over than for me!

Struggling with the idea of maternity leave and what to do next.  I'm not sure my job will even be there for me when I get back.  I am not technically covered by maternity leave law, I think.  I work as a contractor and my employer just gives me my job back as a favor.  Struggling with the idea of babysitters.  DH pointed out that I spend a lot of time doing scheduling, payroll, and billing (for tax break or reimbursement).  And I don't get paid for doing all that.  It would be both cheaper and easier to enroll Libby in day care for the few hours a day that I work, but DH and I both agree that this is not an acceptable solution for our family.

Struggling with the idea of working for pay, or not, and how that defines me as a person.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails