Friday, January 08, 2010

Day 11 – Tuesday, Dec 8th

We headed back out toward New Mexico. Still in TX. Saw cotton farms, which I’d never seen before. We drove through a town called Lamesa, which appeared to be an entire abandoned town. We saw only 3 people, and the buildings were all shacks and boarded up. Then we started to wonder if the town was not abandoned after all, but had to be boarded up because of the incredible wind. I think we were in the middle of an unusual wind storm, though. I’m not entirely sure since I’ve never been in that part of the country before and have no idea what’s normal, but it does seem that we heard people talking about it the next day. We took video of a dust storm that cut visibility down to zero. We drove in this dust storm for miles and miles. When it cleared, the sky looked so strange that I had to call my sister and ask her what the warning signs for a tornado are. It was pretty much a drive through nowhere all day, until we got to Roswell, where we spent the night in a crappy motel.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails