Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The virus that ate Windows

A couple weeks ago my computer started acting weird. I was getting popup ads when I didn't used to, especially since I use the popup blocker. I knew something was wrong. Then I started getting the blue screen of death and my computer would reset itself. It started losing files. It wasn't able to run everything that it could run a few weeks before. So I took it to a geek storefront and I told the guy that I had a virus. He took a look and said, yep, and it ate Windows.

It was pretty easy to clean and reinstall Windows, but doing so wiped out all my software, which I now have to reinstall. This is not so easy when you can't find all the disks. I've torn the house apart looking for the software I need just to connect to my own printer, but no luck. So I have to download it from the HP website, which has literally taken all day since I don't have a good broadband connection.

All this is why I haven't posted in a while and have no pictures to share. Soon the blog will be back to normal, I hope.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails