Friday, April 17, 2009

Thun-der!

Since moving to Oregon, I've forgotten about thunderstorms. I remember there was a thunderstorm a couple days after we moved to Portland, and when I went to work everyone was talking about it. At the time I did not know that Tstorms in Oregon are unusual. In SoCal, rain always came with thunder and lightning.

So now I'm in TX and sitting in the middle of a very loud Tstorm with pouring rain. Very different from Oregon. I was never afraid of thunder before, but now that I'm not used to it I'm jumping out of my skin every time it booms.

My sister reminded me to unplug my laptop. I remember we lost a computer once to a power surge (even though it was plugged in to a surge protector), so I was glad for the reminder.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails