Thursday, December 04, 2008

More unpacking

We've lived here for 4 months now, but I just unpacked another box. Our spare room, which serves as basement storage, office, and pantry had some bare walls after we'd stacked things as high as we're going to (I think). So I decided that since it's the catch-all room, that I could put up my framed art that has been in storage for several years. It looks like this:

I'm so delighted to see it all again, especially my picture of a Wheeler that nobody likes except me.
All of the pictures are "found" art that I pulled out of books and put into Aaron Bros frames. All are fantasies, either by Trina Schart Hyman, Edward Gorey, or a Wizard of Oz theme. Some of the Oz ones are new. I put away some old New Orleans prints and replaced them with art that I pulled out of a book my sister gave me.
For a while I had made it a hobby to frame found art. I once made a very spectacular piece that I gave as a wedding gift. Everyone who saw it, cried, and I was told it was the Favorite gift, and I even got a sale out of it as someone hired me to make a similar gift. It is so simple to do that I don't suppose I could really make a living of it. On the other hand, you have to know where to find the art. I guess not everyone has time for that.
PH says when our lease is up, we will probably move. I said, but it took me 4 months to decorate the office! I don't know. That is only 8 months away. The next time we move it is going to be to our homestead. I just don't know if we're going to find it and be able to pay for it in 8 months. But PH starts his real job on Monday, so I guess we'll be able to do a real budget soon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails