Saturday, February 02, 2008

Well, I'm not paralyzed, but

I seem to be struck by a cold/flu thing which is not so much the wet, snotty kind but rather the dry seize-up-your-organs-including-your-brain kind. The kind that makes you want to sit on the couch and stare at the wall and feel perfectly content doing so. When you try to have a thought that considers getting up and doing something, your brain does its best to squash the thought immediately.

Alas, I must overpower these urges to stay still since we are going on vacation tomorrow and I have to pack and print maps and things like that. We are going to Yosemite for the first time. Yes, it's freezing there. But it should be very beautiful and I have invested in lots of warm clothes from head to toe. Ski mask, ski pants, hunter's electric vest which I will be testing out today. I ordered it three weeks ago and due to a back order situation it only arrived yesterday. And it was even quite lucky that I was able to get it yesterday since it is rather expensive and was sent via insured mail, which means having to pick it up at the post office, and in a town like mine, the P.O. is closed on Saturday.

I got water resistant hiking boots so we can hike in the snow and I have been breaking them in for the last 3 weeks so I know they are warm and comfortable.

It should be very fun, so long as I can get my brain and muscles to cooperate.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails