Friday, November 02, 2007

This is post #301. I forgot to commemorate my 300th post.

Halloween was the most uneventful ever.

I was listening to the radio and one of the DJs mentioned that he was going to see Rocky Horror, where his son was playing Frank-n-Furter in the live action bit.

I saw Rocky Horror exactly once in my life, when I was 17 or 18, and I recall being completely mortified the entire time. I was in a party of 4. Two people knew what they were doing, and two didn't. I was one of the two that didn't. Oh, I'd heard something about throwing toast, but really had no idea what to expect. It was horrible. I remember being told that "no one can resist the Time Warp", but now having done it I can assure you it is NOT just a jump to the left and then a step to the ri-i-i-i-ight. There is more to it than that and I wished I had known so I didn't fumble around like a moron, prompting someone in the row behind me to say, "Come on, girl-in-front-of-us!"

But I do remember being impressed with the stage show that was going on in front of the movie screen. And I enjoyed participating in the The Wall preview that played before the movie.

So it occurred to me that maybe now I'm at an age where I could go and have fun. I thought, maybe next Halloween.

And then I remembered that we might not be here next Halloween. And I'm betting that where we're going, they don't have a theater that shows the Rocky Horror Picture Show every single weekend. So, maybe I need to add that to the list of things to do before we leave.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails