Thursday, February 01, 2007

The impossible is possible

Today I spent all day building a database that our IT department said could not be done. And yes, it works.

Apparently, a couple months ago one person in the billing department tried it and then took the project to IT. They said it was much too complicated and that her boss would need to hire a professional programmer.

I guess when I heard the story it sounded like a dare. It took me about 9 hours, but I did it.

Now, in all fairness, the person in IT who said it was too complicated is actually brilliant, much smarter than me, so I think he just didn't understand the task. And I should confess that I had access to many similar databases and I'm really good at cutting and pasting.

But still...they said it couldn't be done...I better get major props for this.

Now that I think about it, this is the 2nd time I have written something when we were advised to "hire a professional programmer". Hm.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails