Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Typical day

Not much to report as today was typical. In case anyone is wondering, a typical day is like this:
9am: get up because the phone is ringing. It's not ringing like Beethoven's 5th, which is what it sounds like when work calls, but get up anyway just in case it is work. It's my sister with interesting news to report.
10am: stop procrastinating and do some homework for goodness sake. Write 3 pages of term paper.
10:30am: hear the mailman and wish I knew the Blue's Clue's mail song. Mime "MAAAAAAAAIL" as if at the top of my lungs and then wait for the second he is gone so I can run out and get it.
11am: answer work emails and make work phone calls. Make 2 phone calls and 2 emails regarding a subject that was resolved last week. Repeat.
1pm: realize that I forgot to eat lunch. Make a meatloaf.
1:30pm: make a pie while meatloaf is cooking.
3pm: do a load of laundry. go to the post office.
4pm: walk to the candy supply store to get plastic bags and ribbons for the peppermint bark I made last night. Roll eyes when I find a sign that says closed from the 23rd to 27th. Check calendar to make sure today is the 22nd and rattle the doorknob as if that might make a difference.
4:30pm: go to drugstore to get headache medicine for the headache I've had all the live-long day.
5pm: answer work emails. fold laundry.
6pm: knit blanket while watching Mary Poppins with the pop-ups turned on.
7pm: start dinner; fajitas and guacamole. Make stuffing for tomorrow's turkey.
8:30pm: Mike gets home; serve dinner.

1 comment:

Shannon Kristine Croft said...

"Here's the mail,
it never fails,
it makes me want to wag my tail,
when it comes I want wail,
MAAAIILLLL!"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails