Tuesday, October 31, 2006

No Cat

It seems that our cat ran away. I guess he didn't like the new home. I'm not sure. He seemed happy at our new home, but he always wanted to go outside. So we got him a collar and nametag and let him out. On the 3rd night, he didn't come back. He has been gone for 3 days now. We have looked and looked, in the car, on foot with flashlights, but no trace of him. His collar has a bell on it, and I always think I hear the bell, but it always turns out to be something else.

The neighborhood seems to be very cat-friendly, as there are tons of outdoor cats on my street. Several of them even come over to my house...one even had the nerve to come inside. Found it in my bedroom.

There is a mystery, too, besides the mystery of Ozzy's whereabouts. On the first night that he didn't come home, I woke up to hear a small ruckus in my bedroom. Claws on the floor, but I don't recall hearing the little bell. The cat ran outside, and then I heard one caterwaul, like a very short cat fight. I got up to look and saw the front door was open. I woke up Mike and asked him why the door was open...I was pretty sure another cat had come into our house. He said he left it open for Ozzy. We searched the house, but Ozzy was not inside. So the mystery is who was in our house, and who was fighting? Did Ozzy come home and someone followed him inside? Did it scare him so badly that he doesn't want to come home?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails