Monday, June 19, 2006

The price of my degree just went up.

Sigh. So, as everyone knows, I'm taking my first class towards a Masters degree. And I've planned out my course schedule such that I hope to be done by the end of May 2007. The whole thing will take about a year. People have asked me why I wouldn't use a 2-year or 3-year approach. My answer is:
a) I don't particularly enjoy the process of "school".
b) I want to finish before they raise the prices of the classes.

At which point the question-asker says, "When are they raising the prices?" And I say, "I don't know, I just assume they won't be the same price forever."

To clarify, in this program each class is priced separately. I don't pay per semester. I pay per class.

And guess what? The prices just went up. $60. Each class. The price of my degree just went up $540. I guess it doesn't sound like that much. Until I mention that I only worked one billable hour today.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails