Tuesday, March 21, 2006

But I don't want an MBA.

It's official...I'm a grad student. I interviewed with the program director today and he signed off on my application. Said I may start classes as soon as June, if I want to. He liked me and fully endorsed my career goals. We did get into a bit of a disagreement over the MBA vs MPA, and why a private sector employee would want MPA. The director implied that the MPA program is easier, and that's why a private employee would pursue it. Maybe the MPA program is easier, but that's not why I made that choice. I really didn't understand the comparison. I don't agree that the 2 programs are similar, so I certainly didn't compare the 2 and choose the easier one. I got a bit defensive, and the director backed off.

They sent me to admin to finalize my admission. It's been 5 years since I attended school. The admin gave me a web address where I can order my books. I asked her why I couldn't just buy them at the bookstore and she looked at me like I was nuts. Later, I visited the bookstore and I understood why I got the crazy look. It seems that they no longer sell textbooks. Not on the floor, anyway. I bought a shirt, instead. It cost $42.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails