Sunday, April 28, 2019

Sowing the seeds

This spring I have made huge progress in remaking our front lawn. For the past several years we have looked out the window and been really depressed at what is nothing more than a huge jungle. Managing a one acre (less house footprint) jungle is overwhelming. And yet suddenly this year for the first time I have been able to manage it. I am not sure what is different this year. Perhaps the weather has been agreeable - not raining AND not hot...I do remember trying to tackle the lawn last year and that it was just too hot to work. Also Mike says he believes I am not so busy now as I was last year. That must be true too. So in the last few weeks I have completely ripped out everything from the front yard, including bushes and all the existing grass. I planted 7 trees in the ground, hauled rocks, built a new rock wall, and I re-seeded the lawn. Several garden snakes have had to find new homes. All that being completed, I would guess we're only about 20% done with the whole acre...? There is a lot more work to be done before it gets hot.

Here's some photos of Libby and me putting down grass seed.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails