Sunday, February 24, 2019

February novel and classic movie

I finished my February novel earlier today, just in time for month end in a few days. I read The Dazzling Heights by Katharine McGee, which is the 2nd in The Thousandth Floor trilogy.

I liked this book, though maybe not as much as the first one. It's marketed as Young Adult fiction, but it's not juvenile. It's set 100 years in the future in New York and the sci-fi descriptions are very cool and the first reason I like this series. Some of the tech is already coming to reality, so perhaps we won't have to wait 100 years to live this efficient life.

That being said, I'm not sure I'll ever get around to reading the third book, though I admit I kind of want to know what happens.

My classic movie for February was Cleopatra.
Which is 4 hours long and I only had 48 hours to watch it because it was a rental. So I blocked out a Friday and Saturday night so I could watch it all. You would think I remembered how it ended since we just had the home school lesson a few weeks ago. But oh no, I didn't, so it was sad with the Romeo and Juliet ending. I did think the sets were impressive, no CGI and all that, but I am not sure it stands up to modern movies as so many passionate reviewers would have you think.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails