Saturday, May 10, 2014

Libby's swim lessons

Libby finished up 3 weeks of swim lessons yesterday.  You can see a lot of pictures over on the photo blog.  She loved it, but Mike and I were disappointed with the group lessons.  At the end of 3 weeks not only can she not swim, she can't do anything at all. Not even float.  I considered trying a different pool.  I asked another parent about this and she said her experience with her own kids and herself, is that all group lessons are ineffective.  She tried many different pools and always had the same results.  She even repeated my complaint about her kids not even being able to float after the first series of group lessons.  So we will be switching to private lessons.  It's a little more expensive, but I expect she will learn faster with more personal attention.  In the group lesson, they get maybe 2 minutes out of 30 with the teacher.  To add insult to injury, yesterday the teacher told me Libby didn't even graduate from her class.  She's not allowed to move on to Swim Tots B (even if I wanted to do group lessons), but has to take Swim Tots A again.  I'm thinking, Of course she didn't graduate...you didn't teach her anything!  As well as...Did you think you were teaching her to swim?? I am confused.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails