Saturday, February 08, 2014

View


I sit at my desk most of the day.  My computer is front of a window, so my view is part of our front yard.  I like that I can't see any of my neighbors' houses.  That is the main reason I bought my house in the first place.  Because the view is like this out all of the windows.  Right now we are having "snowpocalypse", named by the media.  A stupid name, I say.  I call it "sno-poc", which is much better, wouldn't you agree?

Incidentally, I tried to take a picture of a snowflake, but it turns out it is impossible.  No one anywhere could ever take a picture of a snowflake.  I tried with one lens for like 30 seconds, and nothing came out right, so I'm certain it can't be done.  I explained this to Mike and he agreed that the example photos in the CY365 gallery are obviously fakes.

On a normal day outside of sno-poc, my view is of my small grassy yard, and forest.  There are several deer that live in the forest and many of them come up to my yard outside this very window.  In the winter it's not daily, but I still see them sometimes.  In the spring and summer it's daily, along with birds and squirrels.

I'm not one of those people who doesn't pause to enjoy the view.  I do it all the time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails