Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sunday morning coffee post

Mike has been in Spokane for 3 days.  He'll be back tonight.  We're looking forward to it.  When we dropped him off at the airport, Libby was very disappointed that she was not getting on a plane.  I hope the joy of seeing Daddy again will ease the disappointment of not getting on a plane again when we pick him up tonight.

In the scrapbooking world, they use the word "hello" a lot.  Hello weekend.  Hello fall.  and when something bad happens, they say, Hello Real Life.  We had a Hello Real Life day a couple weeks ago when Mae's favorite teacher left the preschool.   That teacher, Tasha, was the only reason we stayed there.  The owner is extremely high strung, screechy, loud, and abusive to Tasha.  One day I came to pick up the kids and the owner greeted me by yelling at me, "MAE DOES NOT DO WELL IN LARGE GROUPS!" which pretty much sums it up.  Mae does not do well in large groups, and the owner's response is to yell at me about it.  Tasha, on the other hand, was willing to give Mae the extra attention she needs.  So, when we got the news that Tasha was gone, I took the kids out of the school the next day, and the following Monday we showed up on Tasha's doorstep.  We worked out a very nice arrangement and everyone is so delighted!  The kids have spent a week now at Tasha's new day care and they love it.  Tasha loves it.  Mike and I love it.  I don't know how long the current arrangement can last, but for the moment Mae is getting all the special attention that she needs, and both girls are thriving.

I'm starting to count down to Mike's graduation and my retirement to be a SAHM in terms of months.  It's a lot of months, but it's happening.  It has to, since we are homeschooling.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails